Flexible, Innovative Options to Earn College Credit
Students who want to earn academic credit but are not admitted to UNC Greensboro or are not in a degree-seeking program can enroll as visiting students. There are several categories of visiting students detailed below.
Undergraduate Visiting Students
Students who want to earn academic credit (up to 21 credit hours) but are not admitted to UNC Greensboro, or who are not in a degree-seeking program, can enroll as visiting students.
Please visit Undergraduate Admissions to learn more.
Graduate Visiting Students
Visions is a program offered in the fall, spring and summer to visiting non-degree seeking students who already hold bachelor's degrees.
Visiting and non-degree-seeking students who wish to pursue graduate studies for personal enrichment, professional knowledge, renewal of licensure, or any other reason are categorized as VISIONS students and must hold a baccalaureate degree from a recognized accredited college or university.
A $25.00 non-refundable fee is charged each semester a VISIONS enrollment form is submitted.
Visiting auditors are classified as non-UNC Greensboro students who wish to take a course without receiving college credit or a record of enrollment. To register as a visiting auditor, follow these steps:
- Complete a Visiting Auditor Registration Form
- Submit the form along with payment to UNCG Online.
- The staff obtains permission for the student to audit the class.
- The instructor and student are notified of approval to participate in the class.
- Refund is given if space is not available, permission is denied, or the class is canceled.