Master of Library and Information Science
The online Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) is an intellectually rich, community-centered, and hands-on program for library and information education, innovation, and service.
- 100% online (primarily synchronous instruction)
- Accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Oldest accredited LIS program in North Carolina
- 36 credit hours
- Capstone in lieu of thesis
- Ranked "Best Online Master's" by College Choice
- Ranked "Most Affordable Online Master's in Library Science" by College Choice
- Ranked "Best Online Master's in Library Science" by Affordable Colleges Online
Today's MLIS students have the opportunity to specialize and work in academic, public, school, special, and information professions — as well as corporate and nonprofit organizations locally, nationally, and internationally.
Online graduate courses at UNC Greensboro are priced lower than our face-to-face classroom courses. You'll find our costs to be competitive with those of other top-tier universities.
Estimated Tuition & Fees (2020-21)
|Per credit hour||Est. program cost|
This rate applies if you receive online education in NC and you’re a legal resident of NC.
This rate applies if you receive online education in a state other than NC.
This rate applies if you receive online education in NC and you’re a legal resident of a state other than NC.
Still not sure which category applies to you? Take our quiz >
All the program details. All in one brochure.
Ready for a closer look at the Master of Library and Information Science? Our brochure provides complete program details, admission deadlines, start dates, and graduation requirements.
Complete the form to download the brochure.