Master of Music in Music Education
Strengthen your teaching, scholarly, and creative skills and knowledge while working full-time as a music teacher or professional musician-educator.
- 32 semester hours
- Fully online; on-campus or hybrid options available
- Advanced studies in music education plus conducting, music performance, ethnomusicology, music composition, music history, and/or music theory within an optional summer institute
- Capstone Advanced MM Portfolio in lieu of a comprehensive exam or thesis
- Oldest MM in Music Education program in the UNC system
- Accredited by NASM and CAEP
- Guidance provided for developing a portfolio for National Board Certification (NBPTS) in Music; possible eligibility for North Carolina Advanced Teaching Licensure (M) in Music upon graduation
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.