Master of Library and Information Science
Learn to connect people, libraries, and information through research, teaching, and service to enrich living and working in a global environment.
- Choose to study 100% online
- Online courses are primarily synchronous (with set class times)
- Capstone experience with practicum or research component
- Program is highly personalized
- 36 credit hours
- Accredited by the American Library Association
- GRE not required
- Program options include: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS); MLIS with School Library Licensure; MLIS with Instructional Technology Licensure; or licensure-only options in school library, instructional technology, and school library supervision
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.