Add-On Licensure in Reading
This program is designed for professionals who have already completed a master’s program in education or who are currently enrolled in a master’s program and would like additional licensure as a reading specialist.
- Fully online, primarily synchronous with some asynchronous components
- 18 credit hours
- 1- to 2-year completion options
- K-12 Reading Specialist licensure
- Designed for individuals who currently hold a master’s degree in education, North Carolina initial teaching license, and two years of teaching experience
- Aligned with the goals of the North Carolina Advanced Competency Standards, the International Literacy Association (ILA), and the National Board Teaching Standards
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.