Add-On Licensure in English as a Second Language
This program prepares North Carolina teachers with initial licensure to work with English Learners in K–12 public school settings.
- 9 credit hours
- Fully online — most coursework is asynchronous (no set class times)
- On-campus options available
- Designed for North Carolina K–12 teachers with initial licensure
- Two additional courses in Dual Language lead to ESL add-on licensure with DL concentration
- Graduate-level coursework (GRE not required)
- Field-based learning opportunities
- EnACTeD tuition support for a set number of in-state, NC licensed teachers
- ESL add-on licensure with Dual Language concentration also offered online
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.