Careers | EdD in Kinesiology
Why choose the Doctor of Education in Kinesiology?
Students in this program have physical activity and leadership as their main profession, as well as physical activity that is a main part of their job and something that they are passionate about and want to expand upon.
Our EdD students are a diverse group of professionals working in a variety of positions:
- University faculty and administrators
- Public school teachers
- Coaches and athletic trainers
- Physical therapists
- Wellness directors
- Sports medicine directors/clinic owners
- Health promotion managers
- Sport psychology consultants
EdD students participate in on-campus visits devoted to the dissertation process. Topics have included:
- The Effect of an Introductory Strength Training Program on ACL Injury Risk Factors
- Sociocultural Competence in Sport Coaching Education
- Person-Centered Care in Athletic Training: A Case Study Approach
- Physical Education: Class Climate and Adolescent Girls’ Physical Activity
Our graduates work in a variety of positions:
- Assistant Professor in Department of Health, Kinesiology and Sport at South Alabama University
- Assistant Professor in Health and Physical Education in the School of Education at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Supervisor of Integrated Care Management and Lecturer in the Department of Social Work at North Carolina State University
- Dean of Transfer, Business, and Social Sciences at Wytheville Community College
- Assistant Professor of Athletic Training and Director of Clinical Education at Moravian College
- Health Manager with Health Fitness (Duke University site)
- Hyman Performance Program Coordinator at the U.S. Army JFK Special Warfare Center and School
- Program and Operations Director of the Timpany Center at San Jose State University
Ready to take the next steps?
Fill out the form below to learn more about our advanced online degree programs.
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.