What We Offer
Our instructional designers work with you to re-envision the courses in your program through a process of backward design. We’ll identify learning outcomes first and then design assessments and a topic-based unit structure to match those instructional goals.
Assistance Using Web-Based Teaching Tools
Our instructional technology experts suggest and demonstrate free programs that can be tailored to the teaching needs of your course.
Production of Multimedia
Our multimedia team films you explaining key concepts, with photos added in post-production, to create short educational videos you can share with students.
Design of Infographics
Our graphic designers take complex data or detailed charts and turn them into user-friendly infographics that clearly communicate the desired information to students in a striking, memorable format.
Editing & Proofing Course Content
Our writing services team will review your text-based copy for typos, grammatical errors, and confusing passages, keeping your lessons clear and accurate for students to read online.
Development of Custom Website
Our web development team creates a fully functional and user-friendly website template designed specifically to meet the content needs and educational objectives of your program.
Creation of Multimedia-Rich Case Studies
Our multimedia and web development teams build engaging case studies based on real-life examples for your class. Housed on the course website, these engaging activities combine video, audio, photos, and text to immerse students in the topic.
Integration with Database to Track Student Progress
Our custom-built infrastructure will connect with your course website, giving you real-time data on when students complete assignments and how they perform on assessments. Data can be aggregated and exported into other programs.
Development of Assessment Tools Inserted into Course Website
Our curriculum and web development teams will create custom quizzes and written assignments that can be taken directly from the course website. These assessments are linked to a database to track all student activity.
Production of Complex Multimedia Pieces
Our multimedia and graphic design teams will record interviews and demonstrations, editing together footage with visuals and animations for a polished piece that can be inserted into the course website.
Creation of Interactive Case Studies
Our multimedia and web development teams use real-life examples or scenarios described in class as the basis for interactive case studies where student experiences are dictated by the choices they make. Each case study can include automated feedback for each decision point, with student activity tracked through each question.
Can We Help You?
Our online course development team works with UNC Greensboro faculty to develop innovative and impactful courses. We can partner with you in several ways:
- Consult on how to improve your existing online course
- Adapt your instructional content for online delivery
- Work with your department to build an online degree program
Call or email us to schedule an in-person consultation. We look forward to working with you!
What We Offer
- Curriculum redesign
- Assistance using web-based teaching tools
- Production of multimedia
- Design of infographics
- Editing & proofing course content
- Development of custom website
- Creation of multimedia-rich case studies
- Integration with database to track student progress
- Development of assessment tools inserted into course website
- Pproduction of complex multimedia pieces
- Creation of interactive case studies
Our Course Development Process
We focus on student outcomes first. Once learning objectives have been set, they are used as a guide for the remaining processes.
Step 1: Plan—Where do we start?
Prior to putting a course online, instructors meet with a UNCG Online team of curriculum designers, web designers, programmers, and multimedia specialists to discuss the instructional design of a course. The planning process is simple:
- First, define and refine student outcomes.
- Second, design assessment opportunities that align with student outcomes.
- Third, determine the content (text, images, video, readings, learning objects) that will help students complete assessments in order to achieve learning outcomes successfully.
Throughout the process, each UNCG Online team member is available to the instructor as a consultant on his or her area of expertise.
Step 2: Development—Who does what?
Based on the pre-development discussions, instructors and UNCG Online staff begin creating the course:
- As content experts, instructors write content, assessments and instructions, and rubrics.
- Curriculum designers then prepare the content for learning objects, multimedia scripts, or simply as online text.
- Web designers create a vibrant site design, which is reviewed by the instructors.
- Once the instructor decides on the design, programmers format the course site, add functionality, and prepare the online course.
- As needed, multimedia specialists help bring content to life by re-envisioning content as video or audio, with captions.
Step 3: Test—Does it work?
Courses are completed ahead of launch to allow time for the important work of testing course functionality, reviewing ADA compliance, and ensuring the course meets Quality Matters standards. Instructional designers will also help instructors familiarize themselves with the completed course and prepare the course for its first offering.
Step 4: Evaluate—Is it effective and up-to-date?
With each offering of the course, instructors review the course’s effectiveness and its activities on their own and/or with the assistance of course-specific student evaluations. Instructors update the course content after their review and can request UNCG Online maintenance support if needed.