Courses | BS in Public Health Education
Explore the degree requirements for the online Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education.
- 120 credit hours, to include at least 36 credits at or above the 300 course level
- Minimum grade of C in all Public Health (HEA) courses and prerequisites (see Health Studies Online concentration for details)
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required.
Prior Degree Required
Students requesting admission to the Health Studies Online concentration may apply to the major only after earning a prior degree (AA, AS, BA, or BS) from an accredited college or university and completion of courses that satisfy General Education Core and General Education Marker requirements. Visit the academic catalog for details.
General Education Core Requirements
Visit the Undergraduate Bulletin for details.
- HEA 308 Introduction to Public Health
- HEA 312 Public Health & Health Care Systems in the US
- HEA 314 Public Health Diseases
- HEA 315 Epidemiology
- HEA 316 Environmental Health
- HEA 325 Public Health Data Analysis
- HEA 350 Race, Ethnicity, & Health
- HEA 433 Gender & Health
- HEA 447 Income, Social Status, & Health
- HEA 490 Health Seminar (Capstone)
Electives (choose 18 credit hours)
- HEA 113 Medical Terminology for Public Health Professionals
- HEA 201 Personal Health
- HEA 260 Human Sexuality
- HEA 307 Global Health
- HEA 310 Mental Health & Wellbeing
- HEA 331 Alcohol, Tobacco, & Other Drugs
- HEA 334 Community Health
- HEA 412 Community Health Organizations
- HEA 450 Current Health Problems
- HEA 470 Adolescent Health
- HEA 471 Immigrant & Refugee Health
- HEA 475 Independent Study
- HDF 212 Families & Close Relationships
- HDF 302 Infant & Child Development
- KIN 220 Lifetime Wellness
- MGT 300 Management of Organizations
- MGT 312 Organizational Behavior
- NUR 390 Culture & Health Care
- NTR 213 Introductory Nutrition
- PHI 220 Medical Ethics
- SOC 327 Race & Ethnic Relations
- WGS 250 Intro to Women’s & Gender Studies
Advice for Transfer Students
It’s natural to have questions about the college admissions process! And there’s no better person to ask than your dedicated Admissions Counselor; they’re here to help you every step of the way.
Have questions about program requirements? Contact an advisor at email@example.com.
It's All About Finishing
Online degree programs make going back to college more convenient than ever. Fill out the form to learn more about UNCG's online degree programs.
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.