Careers | BS in Human Development and Family Studies
Prepare for a career in early childhood settings and agencies serving young children and their families or teaching B–K children in public school with the online Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies.
This program has two concentrations: Birth–Kindergarten Teacher Licensure (which prepares graduates for NC licensure to teach in public school) and Early Care and Education. Graduates work in positions or settings such as these:
- Teaching kindergarten in public schools or NC Pre–K classrooms (with B–K licensure)
- Child care teacher or administrator
- Early intervention programs (additional credential required)
- Specialized educational programs (additional coursework may be required)
- Work with nonprofits or government agencies (Smart Start, Parents as Teachers)
Benefits of a Bachelor's Degree
A bachelor’s degree can give you more career options — and a higher salary. Fill out the form to learn more about UNCG's online degree programs.
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.