Courses | BA in Peace and Conflict Studies
Explore the degree requirements for the online Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies.
- 120 credit hours, to include at least 36 credits at or above the 300 course level
- This program is for students who have 30+ hours of transferable college credit. See the suggested course plan.
General Education Core Requirements
Visit the Undergraduate Bulletin for details.
- PCS 205 Violence in the Modern World
- PCS 305 Foundations of Peace & Conflict Studies
- PCS 308 Working Through Interpersonal Conflicts
- PCS 309 Conflict & Culture
- PCS 311 Conflict Research
- PCS 215 Conflict Transformation
- PCS 218 Managing Conflict in Professional Contexts
- PCS 415 Global Peacebuilding
- PCS 416 Practicum I (4 credit hours)
- PCS 420 Senior Seminar
Cognate Courses (select two)
- PCS 405 Localizing Peace
- PCS 406 Environmental Justice: Interdisciplinary Response for Sustainability
- PCS 418 Peacebuilding Challenges in a Complex World
- PCS 433 Restorative Justice: Theory & Models
- PCS 440 Social Entrepreneurship: Justice and a Green Environment
- PCS 456 Sports, Conflict, & Peacebuilding
- PCS 479 Gender & Peacebuilding
- PHI 115 Critical Thinking
- PHI 121 Contemporary Moral Problems
- PHI 222 Ethics in the Computer Age
- PHI 331 Social & Political Philosophy
- PSC 105 Exploring Political Issues
- PSC 440 Nonprofit Management & Leadership
- ATY 213 Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- SOC 201 Social Problems
- SOC 429 Collective Violence & Nonviolence in Global Perspective
- REL 101 Introduction to Religious Studies
- BLS 383 Religious Resistance to Political Power
- BLS 386 Women, War, & Terror
Learn to Manage and Prevent Conflict
It seems that conflict is everywhere these days, but there is some good news. You can learn to create peace and resolve conflict — skills that will come in handy in your career, your home, and your community. Learn how you can develop these important skills.
Have questions about program requirements? Contact an advisor at email@example.com.
It's All About Finishing
Online degree programs make going back to college more convenient than ever. Fill out the form to learn more about UNCG's online degree programs.
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.