Post-Baccalaureate Alternative Initial Licensure in Special Education: General Curriculum
The Post-Baccalaureate Alternative Initial Licensure in Special Education: General Curriculum (PAIL) prepares professionals for diverse roles in working with K–12 students with disabilities in a variety of inclusive environments.
- 21 credit hours
- Fully online courses
- 16-week student teaching placement
- Focus on cases and problem-based learning
- Prepares students to work with K–12 students in a variety of educational and community settings
- Designed for those seeking initial licensure in Special Education (bachelor’s degree required)
- Convenient online format for those working as teacher assistants or those looking for a career change
- Meets the professional standards of the Council for Exceptional Children and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Coursework may be applied to the MEd in Special Education
Live outside NC? Currently, UNCG is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization, a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education. UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.