- Complete the Student Information Form (SIF).
- Generation of your Student ID will take approximately 5–7 business days after submitting your SIF.
- Download the instructions for registering online.
- Register for your courses via UNCGenie.
- Pay for your courses no later than May 2nd through the Cashiers Office or through UNCGenie.*
You may drop courses without grade penalty through the mid-point of the course. Be sure to drop any course you decide not to take. Otherwise, you will receive an “F” on your official transcripts. For drop/add deadlines, consult our Important Dates page. Visit the Registrar’s page for more details on dropping or adding courses.
During the registration period a number of courses will reach enrollment limits and close. To register for classes that have closed, you need a departmental or instructor's signature on your drop/add form; then have it processed by the University Registrar's Office. The registration system maintains waiting lists for some courses, on a department-by-department basis.
You may register for up to 14 semester hours during the entire Summer Session (7 semester hours per individual session). You can request an increased load with the Students First Office or the Graduate School. Undergraduate students enrolling for special short courses will not be permitted to enroll simultaneously for other summer study without official authorization.